If you’re like me and looking to cut some carbs you must try these taco stuffed peppers! They still have the bit of crunch to make them seem like a real taco 🙂
- 1 pound Ground beef
- Can of black beans
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 4 Green bell peppers
- Toppings (shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, etc.)
- TBSP olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your bell peppers in half and scoop out the insides/seeds. Rub olive oil on the bottoms of the bell peppers and put lay them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. (If you want softer peppers, add a few TBSP of water to the baking sheet)
- While that is baking, brown ground beef with the onions. Drain grease and add in the taco seasoning with the suggested amount of water.
- Let simmer until it is thicker. Add in the can of black beans and a cup of salsa. Mix.
- Fill each pepper to the brim and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes until it is melted and bubbly.
- Top it with sour cream, lettuce, salsa, etc! Enjoy….carb free!