You guys. I have to share my favorite breakfast recipe that has the kids begging for more! They are not your normal big cinnamon rolls but little twists that you can grab and go in the morning. If they get cold and hard, you can reheat them in the microwave and they taste just like they got out of the oven. Yummmm!!
Don’t mind my imperfect picture…I needed to pinch the pieces tighter afterwards 😉
Cinnamon Roll Twist Ingredients:
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 1 can of crescent Pillsbury dough (8 oz)
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the icing…
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 TBSP milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll the crescents carefully, leaving them in 4 big rectangles on a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper. Pinch the middle of the two triangles to form a rectangle.
- Melt your butter and spread half of it on two big rectangles (4 triangles).
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and sprinkle half onto the buttered rectangles.
- Place the 2 extra rectangles on top and pinch it together with the bottom one.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut 6 long strips on each.
- Twist them around and place on cookie sheet.
- Spread the rest of the butter over them and cover with remaining sugar/cinnamon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
For the icing; mix together the vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk in a bowl. If it is too thick, add a dash more milk. Stir and drizzle all over the cinnamon roll twists. ENJOY!