This bourbon BBQ sauce is fantastic to add to your favorite meat! Check out my oven BBQ ribs recipe to see how I used it.
- 1 to 1 ½ cups bourbon (more if you dare)
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar (dark is preferred but light is OK)
- 2 tbsp molasses
- ¼ cup worcertershire
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (I used hickory but mesquite or pecan works also)
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or 1 ½ heaping tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp onion powder; heaping
- ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- To a stockpot add all ingredients, whisk to combine and place on medium-high heat until the liquid starts to come to a constant boil.
- Then, reduce to medium-low heat for about 20 minutes or until reduced by half; whisking constantly.
- Rub on your favorite meats and or transfer to a air-tight container/jar, allow to cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator up until 2 weeks.