Yummm! My favorite classic American potato salad recipe to make for BBQ’s, potlucks and summer parties!
- 3 large russet potatoes or 4 large yukon gold potatoes; peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk; cut into thirds lengthwise and then sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 eggs; hard boiled and diced
- ¾ cups of mayo
- ½ tbsp mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider or white vinegar
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp paprika, garnish (optional)
- In a large stockpot, add the potatoes and cover with cold water. Place the pot on the burner and turn to medium-high heat until it comes to a boil; then reduce the heat to rolling boil (about medium) for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the celery, green onions, eggs, mayo, mustard and vinegar. Once combined toss in the potatoes to the mixture, taste and season accordingly with salt and pepper and additional mayo (if needed).
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with paprika. Serve immediately or place in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator.